Writing makefile for simple project

From: Jesse Engle
Subject: Writing makefile for simple project
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:12:45 -0400

Hello,

I'm trying to write a makefile for a simple project with the following
directory layout:

ritual/
|-- Makefile
|-- build/
|-- include
|-- |-- defs.ily
|-- |-- three-stroke-ruff.ily
|-- |-- single-drag.ily
|-- main.ly

I'd like to have the makefile rebuild the project and place the .pdf
and .midi output in build/ when there are any modifications to main.ly
or any files in the include/ directory. I've been reading the `make'
manual and have looked over the example makefile in the Lilypond docs
but I'm still very confused over how to accomplish this. Could someone
offer me some assistance? Thanks...Jesse