Combining lyric variables

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Combining lyric variables
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:08:50 +0200

Hello list,

I use the snippet extensively in my
latest project.

Due to the structure of the music, I have a lot of small text snippets like

textOne = \lyricmode { This is an ex -- am -- ple }
textTwo = \lyricmode { and this one, too! }
textThree = ...

which I use in combination with music and as a standalone text edition
with LSR 744, as mentioned above.

Is it possible to concatenate lyrics into a new variable?

Instead of

\markup { \verse #textOne }
\markup { \verse #textTwo }
\markup { \verse #textThree }

I'd like to collect all text parts in a new variable, like this:

fulltext = \whatsoever { \textOne \textTwo \textThree }

\markup { \verse #fulltext }

Is this (or a similar construct) possible?

Thanks in advance!