Re: changing staffgroup-staff-spacing

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: changing staffgroup-staff-spacing
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 03:33:10 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Thomas <kontrapunktstefan <at>> writes:

> I thought it would be possible to change the staffgroup-staff-spacing in
> the middle of a piece.

I would have thought so, too.

> Unfortunately, it doesn't work.How can I avoid the collision in bar 2
> without increasing the staffgroup-staff-spacing generally?

I like to enforce extra clearance with
 \once\override Staff.SustainPedal #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-3 . 0)
 \once\override NoteHead #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 3)
before the particular thing that needs more space.

There is also a way to ask LilyPond to ensure horizontal clearance when
how close staves may come vertically:

\layout { \context {
  \PianoStaff \override VerticalAxisGroup #'skyline-horizontal-padding = #1