Re: where's the slur? (4 year old question)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: where's the slur? (4 year old question)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 00:45:43 +0000 (UTC)

ehzone <ehzone <at> gmail.com> writes:

> \new Staff {
>    \time 2/2 <e'( c' a>2 ~  <d') c' a>
> }
>

> How can I get lilypond to produce the arc between the 'e' and the 'd'?

If one pitch moves but the others do not, in the language we use
to describe our music to Lilypond, you have two voices
 \new Staff <<
   \new Voice { \voiceOne e'2( d') }
   \new Voice { \voiceTwo <c' a>2 ~  <c' a > }

With just one voice, as you noticed, Lilypond does not support ties from
specific notes in one chord to specific notes in another, but when the
top note moves, putting the slur above the chord looks clear to me

You could, if you need :
 lu =  \once\override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t
 \new Staff <<
   \new Voice { \lu e'2^( \hideNotes\shiftOn d') }
   \new Voice { <c' a>2 _~  <c' a d'> }