RE: Changing to Gonville font

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Changing to Gonville font
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 23:38:05 +0000

Hello,
From: Matthew Collett address@hidden
Sent: 02 August 2011 20:32
To: Graham Percival
Cc: James Lowe; address@hidden

On 3/08/2011, at 5:16 am, Graham Percival wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 02:59:22PM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
>> you cannot use the Mac GUI (Finder) to do
>> this - at least not easily in 10.6.
>
> Actually, you can.  Ctrl-click on LilyPond.app, then select "show
> package contents", then navigate to the relevant directory.
> (at least, you could do this in 10.3 and 10.4; I haven't seen any
> later osx, but I would be astounded if they removed this)

This is indeed still works, and is the way I would expect the majority of Mac
users to access the innards of any application when needed.  There are some
things the command line is necessary (or better) for, but moving files and
folders around, even inside a package, is not one of them.

I have made the relevant document changes into the 2.15.x code base, they will
be included in the next 2.15 release of the documentation.

(for those interested - commit b4c96ae28454d770ef07b6185f72557d528d2b98 - this
can be backported to 2.14.x if needed).

Thanks for the suggestions.

James