Re: Different Font for different stave

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Different Font for different stave
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 16:49:29 +0200

On 6 August 2011 23:47, Ed Ardzinski <address@hidden> wrote:

> Trying to make some lead sheets and I'd like to have a separate stave be
> smaller/different font.  For example, and separate stave for a solo instead
> of a vocal verse.

The relevant code can be found in the part pointed by James but in
order to not be confused by the "non relevant" (in this case) code,
here is a small example of what you want.

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff = "smaller" \with {
      % reduce the musical font size (musical symbols, such as note
      % heads, time signature, trills, etc.)
      fontSize = #-3
      % reduce the space between the lines of the staff (but also other
      % "staff-space" measured objects)
      \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -3)
      % Personally I do not reduce the thickness, but if you want to:
      % \override StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep -3)
    } {
      c'1
      % music
    }
    \new Staff = "normal" {
      c'1

> I'm still in the stone age, but if this is something that 2.12 does that
> 2.6.5 won't I'm prepared to change ;-)

This is indeed stone age!  Current stable version is 2.14.2.
2.12 was out more than two years ago; there has been a lot of
improvements since 2.6.5!

Please seriously consider updating to 2.14.
It is also better because answers given on the mailing lists are using
the 2.14 syntax.

Cheers,
Xavier

--