Re: Animated SVG Percussion Music

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Animated SVG Percussion Music
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:46:20 +0200

^^
HH
HH==3

(This is a miserable attempt in drawing a "thumbs up".
That's very nice!

Best
Urs

Am 19.08.2011 14:30, schrieb Tim Sawyer:
Hi Folks,

Over the years I've written four drum/percussion tutor books using lilypond-book. I've just put these up on the web, with the added feature that you can play back the small exercises that make up the majority of the books with noteheads highlighted and sound. Volume 1 is free, the other three volumes require a small monthly subscription.

http://percussion360.com/

This works by taking SVG generated from lilypond, munging it a bit (including matching it up with the .ly source), then playing it back using javascript and html5 audio. Playback doesn't work in IE but does work in other recent (proper) browsers.

Feedback and users appreciated! I'm happy to consider adding functionality; I'm particularly thinking of adding some pupil management tools for teachers.

Enjoy,

Tim.
http://percussion360.com/
http://brassbandresults.com/