Re: Score.midiInstrument = "harp"

From: Craig
Subject: Re: Score.midiInstrument = "harp"
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 14:06:52 -0400

Hi Graham,

I will use "orchestral harp", but I must say that I am looking at my
Notation Reference for Lilypond 2.11.61 (one I had hard copy printed for
easy reference) and it does not have "orchestral harp" listed on B.4.

And now- I am being evil - nasty -- what is the difference between a
"orchestral harp" and a harp, the pedals? In that case it would be
called a "pedal harp"?  Are we distinguishing between folk harp?  The
MIDI specification needs to be redesigned.  Perhaps the Lilypond Lobby
could handle that!

Craig Bakalian

I went to get gas for my wife's car.  All of the stations have no gas.
There are no batteries on the shelves of stores.  The mid-Atlantic
states have gone crazy.  We have shut ourselves in the house, and my
kids are making me crazy with nerf gun battles.  I am sending them out
to the old- walnut tree!