Re: Define Music Function

From: harm6
Subject: Re: Define Music Function
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:15:58 -0700 (PDT)

Carl Testa wrote:

> Thanks for the help everyone. I am getting closer. I have one other
> question. How could I set the font-size of the first number to be bigger
> that the numbers of the fraction?

Hi Carl,

try:

\version "2.14.2"

fractionRest = #(define-music-function (parser location string num denom)
(string? string? string?)
  #{
    \once \override Voice.Rest #'staff-position = #-2
    \once \override Staff.Rest #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
    \once \override Staff.Rest #'text =
    \markup \vcenter {
            \fontsize #6 \musicglyph #$string
            \hspace #0.2
            \center-column \fontsize #3 {
               \musicglyph #$num \musicglyph #$denom
    \once \override Dots #'transparent = ##t
    #}
)

{ a \fractionRest #"one" #"two" #"three" r }

Cheers,
  Harm