Re: Animated SVG Percussion Music

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: Animated SVG Percussion Music
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:12:46 -0700

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 5:30 AM, Tim Sawyer
<address@hidden> wrote:
> http://percussion360.com/
>
> This works by taking SVG generated from lilypond, munging it a bit
> (including matching it up with the .ly source), then playing it back using
> javascript and html5 audio.  Playback doesn't work in IE but does work in
> other recent (proper) browsers.

This is really neat. I'm thinking of doing something similar with some
hymns. How did you add the id attributes to the paths to the svg
source? I assume this is what you meant by matching it up with the
source. I'm not seeing a good way to do this yet.

-----Jay