Re: PDF sizing

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: PDF sizing
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 08:40:56 +0100

Hello

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Mark Lindberg
<address@hidden> wrote:
> (You can skip this first part if you don't want my life's story)
> I've had an iPad for a while, but it just occurred to me the other day
> that, oh duh, it can read PDF files. I at once downloaded a PDF reader
> (iBooks) and sent some PDFs that I'd typed up with lilypond over. Cool
> stuff. I took them into my teacher (I play classical guitar), and she
> looked at it and said, "I'm not going to let you use this if you can't
> scribble notes on it." I went home and did some research, and ended up
> with forScore. (It was essentially a coin flip between forScore and
> unrealbook). I love it, and I've already started useing it for my
> practice. I've basically only run into 2 issues. Space to put notes
> in, and size of music being to small to read.

I set up dropbox and just sync all my work from my PC (which I do my
LP work on) to my dropbox app on my iPad. Then if I need to, when
showing others the music I have done, scribble notes and shapes and
make annotations etc. (and can email them all from your iPad if
necessary) using Good Reader which is what I use for my main PDF
viewing - of which I have a lot of non-music related.

It also means that with Dropbox any annotations can bet synced back or
if I am really keen, I can work directly on the .ly files in Good
Reader (although of course I cannot compile them) but it does mean I
can do comments in the file themselves which, again, sync back with
DropBox.

James