Spacing

From: GRAEME F ST CLAIR
Subject: Spacing
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:34:31 -0400

I just built a hymn under 2.14.2 using the Hymn structure from Learning Lilypond 2.12.3 secn 3.2.3 "Voices & Vocals". The structure is unaltered, except that I have added a \version and a \header (and there are only 2 vv iso 4!).

I find that the first system is kind of jammed up against the header line giving the poet and composer, and I'd like some more vertical white space in there.

Secondly, the whole thing is in 3 systems, with room for a fourth, so I also have some spare real estate on the page.

What directives, commands, instructions etc should I be looking at to put a little more "air" into its appearance?

Rgds, GFStC.