"official" way to have a MultiMeasureRest force appearance of a french-e

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: "official" way to have a MultiMeasureRest force appearance of a french-ed Staff
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:22:41 -0500

Hello all,

Situation:
    Lilypond 2.15.x
    Staff has been "french-ed" by \RemoveEmptyStaves
    one particular MultiMeasureRest needs to be visible

What's the current best practice for doing this?
(At one point it was to mess with keep-alive-interfaces, but I know a lot of
changes have been made in this area, so I thought there might now be a more
elegant way.)

Thanks!
Kieren.