Re: Problem with music function in 2.15.18

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Problem with music function in 2.15.18
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 14:15:30 +1100

On 13/11/11 13:51, Carl Sorensen wrote:
On 11/12/11 2:17 PM, "Nick Payne"<address@hidden>  wrote:

There's a music function I use in virtually every guitar score I've done
with Lilypond, to move glissandi that I use to indicate that a finger
should be kept on a string when moving frets. I just downloaded and
installed 2.15.18 (Linux amd64 version running on Ubuntu 10.04), and the
parameters to the function no longer seem to be being recognised as the
correct type. The short example below shows the problem.

\version "2.15.18"

\language "english"

guide = #(define-music-function (parser location padleft padright shift
missacc) (number? number? pair? boolean?) #{
     \once \override Glissando #'bound-details #'left #'padding =
#$padleft
     \once \override Glissando #'bound-details #'right #'padding =
#$padright
I believe you now use just $padright instead of #$padright

Thanks. I found that I'd forgotten to run convert-ly against the include file containing this (and other) music functions.

Nick