Re: bug in tremolo snippet?

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: bug in tremolo snippet?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 22:11:22 -0700

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Shevek <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been playing around with the " http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=604
> consecutive tremolos " snippet, but I can't seem to get it to work. My
> output only ever produces single slash tremoli, and raises the error,
> "warning: tremolo duration is too long" whenever there are eighth notes or
> shorter. Strangely, when I apply the unfoldTremolos function from the same
> snippet, the tremoli correctly unfold into sixteenth notes.
>
> Since I am a total beginner when it comes to Scheme, I'd really appreciate
> some help figuring this out.
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p32728588/consecutive_tremolos.png

I think you need to add the following to the make-music section of the
make-tremolo function:

'tremolo-type dur

I'm not sure when this was changed, but this made it work in 2.15.19.
I haven't looked at this in depth so there could be other issues.

For future reference, the way I debugged this was to compare the
output of \displayMusic of the standard \repeat tremolo ...  what the
\tremolos ... function created and noticed the missing parameter.

-----Jay