Re: chordmode markup problem

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: chordmode markup problem
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 17:12:56 +0100

Bernhard Ott <address@hidden> writes:

> On 01.12.2011 16:46, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Bernhard Ott<address@hidden>  writes:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> is there really no way to simply add articulations/markups to chords
>>> in \chordmode?
>>>
>>> In 2.14.2
>>> \chordmode { c1\pp } works
>>> \chordmode { c1^"II" } doesn't (as mentioned in the docs).
>>>
>>> Could scheme do the trick?
>> super = #(define-event-function (parser location arg) (markup?)
>>        #{ ^\markup #arg #})
>>
>> \chordmode { c1\super "II" }
>>
>> That should work with the current development version.  Depending on how
>> up-to-date your version of Lilypond is, this might become more complex.
>>
> Wow David, you totally broke the record!
> Within minutes you solved my problem,

That's not entirely accurate.  I just had the foresight to start months
ago.

> thank you so much - works perfectly with 2.15.20 (a good reason to
> leave the 2.14 branch ;-)).

I am piling the good reasons on.  While currently I am working on the "I
did not know it was that easy! -- It wasn't." project, the "Oh, I knew
it was that easy" project (documentation) is somewhat lagging behind.
Not to mention the get-rich Schemes.

--
David Kastrup