Re: Staff spacing snippet

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Staff spacing snippet
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 20:50:55 -0800

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 05:45:49AM +0000, Keith OHara wrote:

> That snippet is, at the moment, dysfunctional with the new Lilypond
> Vertical spacing was re-organized for the new version (still somewhat
> complicated, somewhat more logical) so use the new manual, chapter 4.

Okay, so in the interests of contributing an improved snippet to
the repository, page 334 says that between-system-padding is my
friend if I want to increase the minimum spacing between systems.

says 'system' is two or more staves, but I presume if I am
engraving only a single staff, then that is a one-staff 'system'
for the purposes of this example, true?

Bottom line, I'm still in a situation where any value I choose
for between-system-padding gives me no error, and identical
output with no change in spacing:

Processing `'
Interpreting music... [8][16][24]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `'...
Converting to `./snippet-12.pdf'...
success: Compilation successfully completed

\version "2.14.2"

\paper {
%   between-system-padding = 4\mm
%   between-system-padding = 40\mm