Re: tacet trouble

From: me
Subject: Re: tacet trouble
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 13:54:43 -0800

\version "2.14.2"

\markup {

  \fill-line {

    \fontsize #3 \bold \concat { "I. MOVEMENT - " \italic "TACE" }

%%%%%

Is this what you want?

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM, David Bobroff <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm replacing a damaged page from a part.  I want to follow the style of the rest of the pages.  I want to indicate a tacet movement like this:

\markup {
 \fill-line {
   \fontsize #3 \bold "I. MOVEMENT - TACE"

The above works just fine.  What I want, though, is to have the word "TACE" it italics.  If I do this:

\markup {
 \fill-line {
   \fontsize #3 \bold "I. MOVEMENT - " \fontsize #3 \bold \italic "TACE"

...the rest of the line the spacing becomes problematic.  How can I change fonts while still keeping it all centered?  By changing fonts I see that I have another separate 'element' which is being spaced out across the line.  I tried taking hints from the custom headers section.  I tried adding \null(s) but the output was unpredictable.

Help?

-David