Re: center NoteColumn

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: center NoteColumn
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 18:18:25 -0600

Hi Harm,

I've taken a look at your calculations and I think I've found a more straightforward way to determine the offsets for each of the elements. Rather than centering each element first, then moving it with an additional offset as you do, why not simply move everything from its _original_ position by the same amount you move the note column?   That way the relationships are preserved, and you don't have to "reinvent the wheel" to arrive at the right configuration of note-heads, dots, and accidentals again.

The results look fine to me, except for the arpeggio of course.  I don't know what the problem is here. (I'm using 2.15.16, and the chord in the lower staff is too far to the right.)

HTH,
David