Re: bug or feature with the extent of NoteColumn with "2.15.20" ?

From: Colin Hall
Subject: Re: bug or feature with the extent of NoteColumn with "2.15.20" ?
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 09:53:30 +0000

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 12:54:12AM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:

> trying to compile a function manipulating the NoteColumn with "2.15.20" I
> noticed some differences to "2.14.2"
> So I wrote a test-function to display the grob-length:
>
> \version "2.14.2"
> %\version "2.15.20"
>
> #(define (x-length-of-grob grob)
>   (let* ((sys (ly:grob-system grob))
>          (grob-length (interval-length (ly:grob-extent grob sys X))))
>   (newline)
>   (display grob-length)))
>
> \relative c' {
>         \override NoteColumn #'after-line-breaking = #x-length-of-grob
>         <c e>4
>         <c e>4.
>         <c eis>4
>         <c eis>4\arpeggio
> }
>
> With "2.14.2" I get:
> 1.316178
> 1.316178
> 1.316178
> 1.316178
>
> With "2.15.20" I get:
> 1.316178
> 1.316178
> 1.316178
> 2.616182
>

> It seems that in "2.15.20" the arpeggio is part of the NoteColumn. (But not
> the DotColumn or the AccidentalPlacement)
> The IR 3.2.71 note-column-interface states only stems and noteheads.

Thanks for the report, Thomas.

I'm unable (due to my ignorance and lack of resources) to determine if this is
unexpected behaviour or not. I'm going to ask for help from the developers on
this and then get back to you.I can't determine I'll have to get some help from
the developers.

Cheers,
Colin.

--