Single line percussion staff with automatic note splitting

From: Bart Nagel
Subject: Single line percussion staff with automatic note splitting
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 01:00:22 -0800

Hi. I'm trying to make a single line percussion staff with automatic
note splitting.

The single staff is confusing but I got it working by following an
example in the documentation. I have this:

    \version "2.12.3"

    #(define snaredrum '((snare default #t 0)))

    \new DrumStaff {
        \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions = #'( 0 )
        \override Staff.BarLine #'bar-size = #2
        \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table snaredrum)

        \drummode {
            \time 4/4
            sn2.  sn16  sn2.  sn2.  sn4  sn16

(The notes are just random values.)

That works, but when I try to add the code to enable automatic note
splitting things go wrong. Following the documentation again I modify
my source to this:

    \version "2.12.3"

    #(define snaredrum '((snare default #t 0)))

    \new DrumStaff \with {
        \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
        \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
    } {
        \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions = #'( 0 )
        \override Staff.BarLine #'bar-size = #2
        \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table snaredrum)

        \drummode {
            \time 4/4
            sn2.  sn16  sn2.  sn2.  sn4  sn16

But now Lilypond exits with a segmentation fault.

This is Lilypond version 2.12.3, from the Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS x86_64
repositories.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot.

--bart