Re: how to make a songbook

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: how to make a songbook
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:21:30 +1100

On 13/12/11 03:10, Christian McConnell wrote:
The solution is simple: use vector graphics. Added bonus: with an svg, you can tweak the details (spacing, etc.) in Inkscape, really easily.

I do that, then save as an eps, and then put it into Scribus. It's a few steps, to be sure, but I love the results.

Or you can use a render frame in Scribus and embed your Lilypond code directly in the frame. Here's a PDF from Scribus using that method to test a two column layout of short arpeggio exercises.

Nick