Re: Fingering Change on a chord note. Thumb in a fingering change.

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Fingering Change on a chord note. Thumb in a fingering change.
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:21:23 +0100

Hi Nils,

2011/12/14 Nils <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> I want to have a fingering change on a chord note. And I mean a real
> chordnote, not a second voice.
> <c -2 e -3|4>
>
> The manual gives only the markup method which does, AFAIK, not work on
> chord members.
>
> However complex, I don't care. I am only concerned about the end result.
>

> Related:
> How can I integrate the \thumb into a fingering change?
>
> Nils

how about:

\version "2.14.2"

\relative c' {
  \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)

 <c-\tweak #'text #(markup #:concat
                (#:raise 0.5
                 #:fontsize 3
                 #:musicglyph "scripts.thumb" " - 4"))-0
  g'
  e'-\tweak #'text #(markup "3 - 4")-0

}

This tweaks the fingering. Depending on the used version it might be
possible to create a more elaborated snippet/definition/function. But
you didn't post your version, so, this is only the idea.
You should post the version!

HTH,
  Harm