Re: extenders in figured bass without a figure in front

From: C.Flothow
Subject: Re: extenders in figured bass without a figure in front
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 23:09:27 +0100

Am 25.12.2011 18:13, schrieb James:
Hello,

On 25 December 2011 16:43, C.Flothow<address@hidden>  wrote:
Hej!
in a piece which I've been transscribing there is repeatedly an extender
line in the figured bass without a number in front. This means of course:
hold the accord.
I've tried to indicate this with a markup, but that's of course not the
same.

% --------------------------------------------------------------
\version "2.14.0"

{\key g \major \clef bass
    d d'_\markup{------} c'
}
% --------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way for producing a "real" extender line here? I've not found how
to do that in the docs. Have I missed something?
Yes ;)

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/snippets/expressive-marks#changing-text-and-spanner-styles-for-text-dynamics

Use

\override DynamicTextSpanner #'style = #'line

instead

Hope this helps.
That was a quick answer but sadly not to my question.
I did not intend to keep the markup-ting in the bass-notes because it is clearly something which belongs to the B.c player. Already for part of the violoncello it would be quite distracting! My markup construction was just a makeshift prop because I had to get the thing out for the cembalo where I marked the corresponding pieces with a black felttip to make it work. But I thought I might as well ask for the next time. I would really like to have an extenderline belonging to the figured bass just without to have to write a starting figure. (And besides I've not found how to make text-spanner thing work because I've got no text.)
Chris