Re: subdivision of beams in 5/16 bar

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: subdivision of beams in 5/16 bar
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 22:45:30 +0100

[Please keep the cc to the list, so that others can follow the issue.]

On 30 Dec 2011, at 21:34, Stefan Thomas wrote:

> Dear Hans,
> thanks for Your reply, but it was a misunderstanding.
> I know how to beam in 2+3 in 5/16 bar, but I would like to know if I can make
> subbeams, grouped in 2+3.
> With Your code it doesn't work for me, at least with version 2.14.2

No, I think that is a current shortcoming on the meter level. One can specify
each subbeaming as follows:

motif = \relative c' { c16[
  \set stemLeftBeamCount = #2
  \set stemRightBeamCount = #1
  \set stemLeftBeamCount = #1
  \set stemRightBeamCount = #2
  \set stemLeftBeamCount = #2
  f g]
}

One can also use
  \set baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 2 16)
but it breaks the subbeams at every multiple of 2/16.

Hans