Re: Rest after/while cueDuring

From: C.Flothow
Subject: Re: Rest after/while cueDuring
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:13:11 +0100

Am 30.12.2011 08:02, schrieb Keith OHara:
Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer <at> gmail.com> writes:

On 19 December 2011 09:38, C.Flothow <mini-Flo <at> gmx.de> wrote:
I had read all that and I still don't see anything there that helps
with my problem!
Isn't that an instance of issue #1410 ?

No, the difficulty here is that the main notes (for violin) were not
set to be the upper voice (\voiceOne) during the cue notes.
Chris missed the fact that in the manual pages that James linked to,
the music/rests in parallel with the cueing music are put *inside*
the final argument to \cueDuring.  That is how LilyPond knows to use
\voiceOne temporarily for the main music :

\version "2.14.0"
Viola = \relative c' { \key g \major
  s2 r4 d8. c16| b4 b a8. g16 a4| g2| }
Violin = \relative c'' { \key g \major
  \cueDuring #"viola" #DOWN {R1*2| r4 g}
  d' d }

\addQuote "viola" \Viola
\new Staff \with { instrumentName = #"Violin" } \Violin

Simplifying what Chris had,
 \new Staff \with { instrumentName = #"Violin" } <<
   \new Voice \killCues \Violin
   \new Voice \cueDuring #"viola" #DOWN {s1*3} >>
the spacer rests were set to avoid the CueVoice, but the main Violin
part was left without anything to specify whether it should be upper
or lower voice.  Cue voices can be tricky to understand, isn't it?