Re: Lilypond hangs on a script after adding fingering

From: gajatko
Subject: Re: Lilypond hangs on a script after adding fingering
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 06:13:36 -0800 (PST)

James-379 wrote:
> I get warnings about using fingering
> numbers >5 (but that is expected) however it all compiles.

I love it: "it works for me", "cannot reproduce" ;) . Whatever, in general
approach, warning=error. What would be a legitimate way to visually get the
same output as a fingering, but not logically? I use "fingering" feature to
annotate a number of a component of a chord, like 1,3,5,7 for a dominant
seventh. These annotations must be on the right side of each note, as the
fingering is after setting it up properly. So, in future I will also need
numbers like 9,11,13 etc. In the current lily version, setting a finger
number 10 or more causes an "unexpected unsigned" compilation error. But, as
I said, I do not want use a feature which logically corresponds to a
figering. What I wish to accoplish is to get visually the same effect. I
hope I made things clear.

Greetings - gajatko