Re: caesura but not as a breath mark

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: caesura but not as a breath mark
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 02:31:04 +0100

On 14-1-2012 0:54, Tim Reeves wrote:
<...>
So, just like the answer to the almost identical question about breath
marks asked by someone else just a few hours ago, then? :-)

Thanks, Hans.

To be honest, I think it should be possible without using a breath mark,
since a "railroad tracks" is not really a "breath".

Tim
.

I think it depends on ones point of view; one could argue that a breathing-mark shows a musician where a very short pause is allowed in the music in order to breathe whereas the caesura signals an intentional silent pause in the music.

regards,
Hans