Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the wh

From: mrmoo
Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:59:24 -0500

(Sorry, meant to post this to whole list.)

So then, in the current version I'm running (2.14.2), are those escaped strings
( \pieceTocTitle, \pieceToc, and \includeScore ) invalid commands?
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:56:19 -0500

---- Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:52:28 -0500
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > It also seems to be choking on each of the various occurrences of the
> > strings \pieceTocTitle , \pieceToc , and \includeScore
> >
> > and so it continues for many lines.  I do finally get an output PDF,
> > but it only contains "Messiah," "Table of Contents," "END OF THE
> > FIRST PART" etc.
> >
> > Is this a case of version mismatch?  All I can find so far is that
> > the files were posted to Mutopia in December of 2009.
>
> I've just looked at that mess.  Tough luck.  So many files and no
> README.  Most sources have no \version, what's worse, versions are
> different.
>
> "make help" should show what you can do.
>
> $ make Haendel/Oratorio/Messiah
> lilypond -ddelete-intermediate-files  -o out/Messiah
> Haendel/Oratorio/Messiah/main.ly
>
> You may want to run all files through convert-ly.  You'll need to guess
> the original version and supply it with the --from argument.  And then
> there will be something that would need manual conversion...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Pavel Roskin

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:56:19 -0500
So then, in the current version I'm running (2.14.2), are those escaped strings
( \pieceTocTitle, \pieceToc, and \includeScore ) invalid commands?

---- Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:52:28 -0500
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > It also seems to be choking on each of the various occurrences of the
> > strings \pieceTocTitle , \pieceToc , and \includeScore
> >
> > and so it continues for many lines.  I do finally get an output PDF,
> > but it only contains "Messiah," "Table of Contents," "END OF THE
> > FIRST PART" etc.
> >
> > Is this a case of version mismatch?  All I can find so far is that
> > the files were posted to Mutopia in December of 2009.
>
> I've just looked at that mess.  Tough luck.  So many files and no
> README.  Most sources have no \version, what's worse, versions are
> different.
>
> "make help" should show what you can do.
>
> $ make Haendel/Oratorio/Messiah
> lilypond -ddelete-intermediate-files  -o out/Messiah
> Haendel/Oratorio/Messiah/main.ly
>
> You may want to run all files through convert-ly.  You'll need to guess
> the original version and supply it with the --from argument.  And then
> there will be something that would need manual conversion...
>
> --
> Regards,
> Pavel Roskin

--- End Message ---