Re: How to prevent Lilypond from cutting off markup?

From: James
Subject: Re: How to prevent Lilypond from cutting off markup?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 00:14:08 +0000

Hello,

On 21 January 2012 23:36, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> 2012/1/21 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tobias Leupold" <address@hidden>

Improve to what?

While cutting off is not acceptable, if you are tying something to a
note (which is what the ^ markup does) and that is long what else do
you expect?

If we take your example where should the 4th note sit? Left aligned?
Centre? then what happens with the other notes or why not just use
\mark and break-align accordingly? or do you expect the text to hang
over the end of the measure?

The 2.14 example is *exactly* what I would expect to happen if you are
tying something to a note.

I don't understand what you expect, other than you don't 'like' it.

James