Re: Minimal space between barline and next object

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Minimal space between barline and next object
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 13:50:35 +0100

Hi Nils,

2012/1/27 Nils <address@hidden>:
> 1) Can I ask instruct Lilypond globally for minimal space after a barline?
> Not an overall, relative increas. I don't want notes with accidentals to move
> further away, they are perfect.

I think it's possible, but i don't remember how to do it, sorry :(

> 2) A few publishers whom I showed my works to already mentioned this to me.
> Is it possible that this is an overlooked issue until now? Who is the right
> person to ask or tell?

I have some insights into horizontal spacing problems (including
this), but they're a bunch of loose notes now.  I need to do more
research before posting my conclusions, but currently i don't have
time to do this because i'm working on maintainability issues
(improving tools that contributors use and smoothing workflow).  If
you can help with these, i'll finish my spacing report sooner.

cheers,
Janek