Re: Prevent automatic bar lines?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Prevent automatic bar lines?
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 20:19:46 +0100

On Feb 1, 2012, at 7:42 PM, AkselJ wrote:

> Hey,
> I just started using LilyPond, but I'm having trouble with bar lines being
> misplaced. I'm certain this is partly due to the fact I write my current
> piece
> in 15/24, and partly due to using triplets with only two notes. Anyhow, is
> there
> any way to prevent LilyPond to insert bar lines?
>
> Thanks,
> --Aksel

mm...there is, but LilyPond knows how to handle 15/24 and knows how to handle
triplets with two, twenty, or pi notes.  are you sure that everything in your
piece adds up correctly?  you can try bar checks - they will show you the
fraction of the measure that is done with the bar hits, which'll give you hints
about where to correct the rhythm.

to prevent barlines, you can do \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = ##f

But it is uber kludgy.  Then again, I'm not one to frown upon kludges.  Then
then again, I'd recommend checking the piece first to make sure that the timing
is spot on, as LilyPond can handle it.

Cheers,
MS