Re: Articulations positioned under stem when using \autochange

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: Articulations positioned under stem when using \autochange
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 22:23:17 +0100

Hi Joey,

On 1-2-2012 21:45, Thomas Morley wrote:
Hi Joey,

2012/2/1 Joey Di Nardo <address@hidden>
Thanks Thomas, worked like a charm.

I have another question if you don't mind. I'm trying to recreate the 4th measure of Ligeti's first etude for piano, which is included as an attachment:

I am interpreting the upper staff as two voices, one with the half note and the other with a series of eights in 7/8.

This is what I've coded for the measure (inside a relative c'):

|%4
\time 7/8
<<
\voiceOne {
a,2 s8 s s
}
\voiceTwo {
a,8[ b] c d e f g
}

and this is my output:

Do you know why there is the glitch, and also the separation between eights 2 & 3 when I've indicated with brackets to not do this?

I'm also curious as to why the half note is stemmed down?

Hard to say why the half note is stemmed down (should be something within the first couple of measures of your source causing that I would say).

Regarding the brackets: You requested the first 2 eights to be beamed. You should put the closing of the beam ']' after the eight-note g at the end to solve the beaming-issue i.e. the second voice should read

\voiceTwo {
a,8[ b c d e f g]
}

regards,