Re: Footers outside the type area

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Footers outside the type area
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:10:06 +0100

On 2012-02-07 16:04, -Eluze wrote:
Hannes Kuhnert-2 wrote:
[...]
Especially the notes should fill the same area on every page,
regardless if there is a footer or not.
[...]
I don't think this is possible by now - I'll wait a while to see if
somebody know a way, and will add a an enhancement request if
needed.

Eluze

Hi,

it's a bit clumsy, but there's a workaround: (Untested for a while, but it used to work back when the vertical spacing variables had other names. You might have to fiddle a bit there.) In the \paper block, set 'last-bottom-spacing to a ridiculously large negative 'padding (like -100 staff units) and a fixed positive 'minimum-distance.

Then, the vertical extent of whatever belongs to the bottom-most staff is essentially ignored for vertical spacing because of the 'padding; 'minimum-distance sets the distance from the top of the footer area to the middle staff line of the last staff. Thus, you effectively get the last staff at the same position on all pages, regardless of the footer. If you want the staff to move, but the note with the lowest vertical extent to be in the same position, you can try to use 'padding and 'basic-distance instead.

I hope this makes sense to you. If not, come back to me; I can dig out an example of the whole stuff as soon as I'm in front of my private machine again.

Best,
Alexander