Re: polychords: a working solution

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 01:06:18 +0100

Hi David,

2012/2/17 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> LilyPond's "snippets" is not the same as LSR.  They are maintained in
> the LilyPond repository as part of the docs and kept up to date
> <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/snippets/index.html>.

OK, I misunderstood Jean-Alexes.

But then I asked myself what to do to put it in LilyPond's "snippets"?
Well, reading the Contributors Guide could be a good starting point:

From
"1.1 Simple Tasks
- LilyPond Snippet Repository (LSR): create and fix snippets following
the guidelines in Adding and editing snippets."
I got the impression that a user without git and
lilypond-self-compiling capabilities, etc could do this.

Following the link to 7.2 Adding and editing snippets I read:
"If the new snippet uses new features that are not available in the
current LSR version, the snippet should be added to
‘Documentation/snippets/new’ and a reference should be added to the
manual. ... "

Is this sth a normal user can do?

If yes, I need some advice. Currently I don't know what I'm expected to do.

Cheers,
  Harm