lilypond-book

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:28:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I am looking into the possibilities of lilypond-book and LaTeX.
I tried using LaTeX years ago but was frightened by the strange non-wysiwyg approach and mysterious commands then.

But since I have begun to use and like LilyPond, which uses a similar approach, I decided to give LaTeX a second chance. And indeed, looking into some LaTeX tutorials again all seems much less strange to me now.

Lilypond-book allows me to combine the power of LilyPond and LaTeX.

It would be even more convenient if a lilypond package for LaTeX would exist that would allow me to enter LilyPond code directly in a LaTeX document, without needing lilypond-book as an extra step.

something like this in a LaTeX document:

\usepackage[options...]{lilypond}
\begin{lilypond}
...some lilypond code ...
\end{lilypond}

For now the lilypond-book solution works fine, and I can imagine Lilypond developers don't feel much urge to write a LaTeX package for something that is already perfectly possible using lilypond-book?

--

MT