Lyrics in a drum score

From: Stu, drummer
Subject: Lyrics in a drum score
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 00:10:02 -0800 (PST)

I have used LilyPond versions 2.2 through to 2.12, and have found that
adding lyrics to drum scores is inconsistent.

I transcribe drum parts and want to add some of the lyrics so that the
student can determine where (s)he is in the song.

In version 2.10, I found that I could use \new DrumVoice { \voiceFour
\wordsare } (with "wordsare" defined as the lyrics with timing included),
but that gives a completely different (and unsatisfactory) layout in version

Is there a recommended way to add lyrics to drum scores that will carry
forward to future releases of LilyPond?