Re: The LilyPond Report #24 has been released

From: James
Subject: Re: The LilyPond Report #24 has been released
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 22:40:13 +0000

Hello,

On 5 March 2012 18:20, Christophe Poncy <address@hidden> wrote:

> More broadly, my feeling is that GNU hackers should use the Wikimedia
> projects, wikibooks for the manuals for example...

Oh yuk no.

How do I view a 'wikibook' offline *easily*?

PDF is nice, searchable, indexable. How do we simply get all our
examples into a wiki? At the moment we use lilypond to create its own
examples in the doc, with a wiki we'd have to what cut and paste all
the examples in as pngs? What happens when we change our spacing or
some other aspect of output which would then require all the examples
to be regenerated and put in the wiki. Reg tests anyone?

Also while wikis are often seen as 'democratic' part of what makes our
manuals good (even if I do say so myself as a doc editor) is that we
have a pretty good and strict doc review process.

James