Re: Self-contained Lilypond in a Dropbox folder for Windows users?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Self-contained Lilypond in a Dropbox folder for Windows users?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:48:49 +0000

On 3/27/12 11:17 AM, "James" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On 27 March 2012 18:08, Michael Ellis <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>Thanks, James.  That's the kind of issue that scares me.  Trying to
>>explain
>> to someone who's got no concept of 'path' how to append to it can eat an
>> amazing amount of time.  Guess I'll just have to see how it goes ...
>
>I'm afraid that we have found cases where the windows installer simply
>doesn't add the path at all.

Not adding the path at all is the current behavior in the windows
installer.  Given the choice between making the path explode due to too
many characters and leaving the binary off the path (but still having it
work with LilyPad), the choice to leave it off seems reasonable.

But appropriate patches to the Windows installer (part of GUB) would
certainly be gratefully considered.

Thanks,

Carl