Re: more space between systems?

From: James
Subject: Re: more space between systems?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:38:13 +0100

Erik,

On 11 April 2012 07:19, eriksbike <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm having some trouble creating more space between systems.
>
> I have tried increasing the system-system-spacing #'minimum-distance and
> system-system-spacing #'padding variables. But when I compile I receive the
> message "warning: cannot fit music on page: ragged-spacing was requested,
> but page was compressed" and the systems are very tightly packed on the
> page.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well first make sure you are on at least version 2.14.x not 2.12 as
there are many significant improvements/changes to system spacing.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-within-systems

Then if this doesn't help, you'd need to give a *brief* example of the
spacing code you are using.

James