Re: node head positions

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: node head positions
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:43:25 +0200

Am 11.04.2012 00:28, schrieb Tim Roberts:
Huang wrote:
Yes, I am looking for a way to highlight notes while playing MIDI. I
will definitely check Frescobaldi to see how it works. I need to
understand how Lily generates these notes and find out their positions.
I just want to caution you about how difficult this task will be.  The
PDF output does contain a link for each note that tells you where, in
the original LilyPond input file, that note or chord originated.  It
does NOT tell you the note's pitch or duration, and that information is
not trivially derivable from the original source, either.  There's no
good way to line up the PDF with the MIDI.

But there _have_ been efforts in such directions, isn't it?
I recall someone having a  (drum?) score doing exactly this. He used the SVG output IIRC