Re: programming error: cyclic dependency

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: programming error: cyclic dependency
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:51:02 +0200

On 28 avr. 2012, at 19:48, Peter O'Doherty wrote:

> Hi list,
> After updating my system to Ubuntu 11.10 (although I can't see why this is
> relevant but this is the only change I've made to the system recently), code
> which previously output no error is full of these errors:
>
> warning: programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
> encountered for #'positions (Beam)
>
> I don't see anything strange in the final pdf file so is this warning to be
> ignored?
>
> Many thanks,
> Peter

Lots of work was done in beams in 2.13 and 2.15.
If you could send a minimal example (of one beam, say) and the version number,
it'll be easy to ID if the problem has been fixed in more recent versions.
But this is a problem - it means that beam positions are being calculated to
early in the LilyPond compilation process.

Cheers,
MS