Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 19:18:58 +0200

Tim Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

> Kieren MacMillan wrote:
>>> Who is going to learn reading notes, let alone writing them?  Of course
>>> LilyPond is only for geeks, because it is just geeks who bother with
>>> writing music rather than listening to it.
>> In other words, composers who use Lilypond are a [very, very small]
>> subset of a [very small] subset of all people.
>
> That is a completely accurate assessment.  Given that, isn't it a
> wonder, when looking at this mailing list, that we can be so vocal and
> opinionated?

Well, returning to the topic in the subject line: on May 24th, my rally
for funding my work on LilyPond had netted €165 for the month when I
posted my guess that the bare minimum of €800 I needed for just
subsisting would not be met this month.  I have not yet corrected the
balance with regard to payments intended for more than one month, but it
turns out that the balance now is more like €1150.

Even the subset of the subset of the subset that is reading this mailing
list, vocal and opinionated or not, is making a difference for me, and
certainly also for LilyPond.  And a large part of this difference _is_
by being vocal and opinionated on this list.

--
David Kastrup