Re: tunefl and other web services

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: tunefl and other web services
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 00:04:50 +0100

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 11:29:28AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Do we know about http://tunefl.com ?
>
> Also, should we be mentioning commercial services like scorio.com
> on our website?

Commercial services are ok, but non-Free software is not.  The GNU
coding standards are quite clear on this:

"A GNU program should not recommend, promote, or grant legitimacy
to the use of any non-free program. Proprietary software is a
social and ethical problem, and our aim is to put an end to that
problem."
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/References.html

This is a bit of a shame, since it's nice "advertising" to show
how lilypond is used, but I didn't make up the rules, and it's
entirely consistent with GNU's position.

- Graham