Re: horizontal shift

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: horizontal shift
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 15:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

"Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger"-2 wrote:

> That's it. I definately have to work on my skills to search the manual. I
> usually use the search mask, that comes integrated in Lilypondtools for
> jEdit. Maybe I'll just switch to Google...

I don't know jEdit but in general it's awful to search for something you
don't know how "they" call it…

personally I have downloaded all the pdf documentation files into 1 folder
and then I can perform a search in the whole folder (with Acrobat Reader,
but others do it, too) which delivers a list of all results.

this is often more efficient than going through an internet search.

in this case I was looking for "two side" (but I already knew it was
something like this)

maybe there are better methods to search for something or the docs could be
improved to ease the search for things like that (the indexes are helpful in
certain cases, but not in all)

Eluze