Re: Issues with timidity, and the MIDI output

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Issues with timidity, and the MIDI output
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 17:50:56 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rokil" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 4:29 PM
Subject: Issues with timidity, and the MIDI output

Hi everybody, I'm new here, and I'm trying to arrange "Bella Ciao" for
my jazzband.

And to check my work, I wanted to hear it, so I tried with Timidity++.

Here's my code (thanks to SefandeVries! ;)):
http://paste.awesom.eu/Gloomy/W0j&ln
If I try to make it savable as a MIDI, I tried to add \set
midiInstrument to each instrument:
http://paste.awesom.eu/Gloomy/EfK&ln

So I try "timidity bella_ciao.midi", and it output me:

"
$ timidity bella_ciao.midi
Requested buffer size 32768, fragment size 8192
ALSA pcm 'default' set buffer size 33868, period size 3760 bytes
Playing bella_ciao.midi
MIDI file: bella_ciao.midi
Format: 1  Tracks: 5  Divisions: 384
Sequence: control track
Text: creator:
Text: GNU LilyPond 2.14.2
Track name: Violon:
Track name: Clarinette:
Track name: SaxAlto:
Track name: Guitar:
No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, program 0 - this instrument will
not be heard
No pre-resampling cache hit
Last 7 MIDI events are ignored
Playing time: ~33 seconds