Re: tunefl and other web services

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tunefl and other web services
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:26:09 +0200

Colin Jesse Kinlund <address@hidden> writes:

> On Jul 11, 2012, at 7:38 AM, Mike Blackstock wrote:
>
>     Nothing wrong in using beauty to promote beautiful engraving, I
>     say :)
>

> First off, great job with what I played around with — a “Google Docs
> for Lilypond” is certainly nice to have. Compiling felt as fast or
> faster than compiling locally, in some cases!
> Your friend is pretty, but while I enjoy looking at pretty women, not
> all users of your site will feel the same way. I submit that an
> example of Lilypond’s beautiful engraving in her place would not only
> be more widely appreciated, it would also be much more relevant :-)

The sample page for the Brandenburg concerto is good for about a dozen
issue reports in the category "Ugly" concerning triplet number
placements.  For a project selling itself as focused on "beautiful
engraving", we sure have a long way to go still.

No idea how much of that may be attributable to problems in the source
code or old LilyPond versions.

--
David Kastrup