position of markup and eps

From: Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger
Subject: position of markup and eps
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 09:10:43 +0200

Hi List,

I want to add some information on the composer under the score. it should have
picture (xxx.eps) at the left and a justified text on the right with a small
white space between. Picture and text should be aligned at the top and the the
text should run along the picture. The following unwanted results I had already:

* Picture overlaid text, both aligned at the left border of page
* Picture and first line of text at the wanted places, but the second line of
the text _under_ the picture with a lot of white space below the first line.
* Picture at the right place and text justified but pushed to about the middle
of the page and consequently going over the edge of the page.

my last try looked like this.

\version "2.15.41"
\markup { \vspace #10
        \fill-line {
                \column {
                        \general-align #Y #UP {
                                \epsfile #X #20 #"Louis_Lewandowski.eps"
                        }
                } \hspace #1
                \column {
                        \wordwrap {
                                \bold { Louis Lewandowski } (* 3. April 1821 in
Wreschen, Provinz Posen, Preußen, heute Września, Polen. † 4. Februar 1894 in
Berlin) war ein deutsch-jüdischer Komponist, der vor allem durch die
Neubelebung und Öffnung der jüdischen Liturgie bekannt wurde. \italic { (nach
Wikipedia. Stand: 12.7.2012) } }

what am I doing wrong? Is there a keyword, that I must search the manual with
in order to find more info on this?

I hope the code example is explanatory even without the actual eps-file.

best regards,

Kai