Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:49:25 +0100

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 06:31:31PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Ok, what else... you've mentioned "more people able to roll
> > releases", which would be a fantastic way to increase our bus
> > factor.
>
> I think we really need to get a dedicated net-accessible computer for
> that at some point of time.

I've mused about getting a free amazon web services AWS micro
instance, but that's not powerful enough.  GUB uses a lot of
resources, so I think we're stuck using desktop computers for now
unless we want to pay $20 a month.  On the plus side, computers
keep on getting cheaper and more powerful.

> > [1] which, in the US or Canada, would absolutely suck, but I now
> > suspect is better than my connection in central Glasgow.
>
> No idea.  It is 1Mbit/s DSL.  Not really enough for remote GUI sessions,
> but I guess we'll be able to make it work for most purposes.

oh, ssh is plenty of playing with GUB.

- Graham