Re: Dealing with Deprecation (Was Re: Vertical spacing: Was between-syst

From: ivan . k . kuznetsov
Subject: Re: Dealing with Deprecation (Was Re: Vertical spacing: Was between-system-space deprecated?)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:40:48 -0500

-Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> ivan.k.kuznetsov wrote:
> >
> > "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:
> > >
> > > Did you use convert.ly to 'upgrade' your lilypond score?
> > [...]
> >
> > How has this been working for others?
>
> I always had good experiences with it!
>
> please try it and report your results!

Well, it did change the version number correctly to:

 \version "2.15.39"

Other than that,  convert-ly did nothing to my .ly files.

But then, "vertical spacing between systems" had such
a big change in syntax that it would be _difficult_
to write a script to change the old vertical spacing
syntax to the new.